We are now accepting abstract for the
5th IASSIDD Europe Congress in Athens, Greece: Diversity & Belonging: Celebrating difference
We invite you to submit an abstract (max. 200 words) for oral presentations, poster presentations, roundtables, and demonstrations, addressing one of the following topics in an academic or applied way:
Track 1. Inclusion & belonging
Social inclusion and participation; community building; communication; relationships; mainstreaming; recognition.
Track 2. Collaborative research
Cooperative design; user involvement; creative based methods; alternative methodology.
Track 3. (Family)quality of life
Quality of services and support; quality frameworks; improving standards; (support for) informal caregivers.
Track 4: Arts & representation
(Multimedial) arts; storytelling; disability & media; social media; public awareness.
Track 5. History, identity & rights
Disability history; paradigms & paradigm shifts; stigma and stigma reduction; (self)advocacy; choice; identity; equity; diversity; exclusion; poverty; legal issues.
Track 6. Inclusive education & employment
Rights, entitlements and access to inclusive education and employment; inclusive teaching and learning; early inclusive education; inclusive post-secondary and life-long learning; training on-the-job; inclusive education, employment and intersectionality; assessment; self-employment.
Track 7. Health & Behavioural issues
Physical and mental health; sensory and physical disabilities; genetics and epi-genetics; medical advances; interventions; health monitoring; health promotion; medication use; challenging behaviour.
Track 8. Policy & practice
Assistance & support; systems of support; (in)formal support; support services; best practices; (inter)national and comparative policies; government and societal support (inter)national and comparative practices; promoting innovation.
Track 9. Living with disabilities
Communication; self-determination, accessibility; early intervention; reasonable adjustments; independent living; living with a special condition (autism, Prader-Willi syndrome, Down syndrome, etc.).
Track 10. Other miscellaneous topics
Other topics that do not fit into the first four nine tracks.
General Instructions for authors
- Abstracts must be in English. Please check for correct spelling and sentence structure.
- Abstracts must present original research or new conceptualization or theory.
- Abstracts must use the headings provided. Please ensure information matches the heading.
- Abstracts cannot be longer than 200 words.
- Abstracts will be published, and will be available at the congress in print form
- The presenting author of the abstract must register for the congress, and attend in person.
- Submit your abstract before January 15th, 2018. We cannot accept late submissions.
- All abstracts must be submitted online at www.iassidd.org
Note: Abstracts that do not follow the instructions will be rejected or returned for correction.
LOG IN BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT
LOG IN or CREATE A USER PROFILE (FIRST TIME USERS)
Log in (IASSIDD members or those who have a user profile)
- Go to www.iassidd.org and Click on 5th IASSIDD Europe Congress Diversity & Belonging: Celebrating Difference under Upcoming Events
- Log in using the email address and password you used to create your user profile.
- Go to Call for Papers
Create a User Profile (First Time Users)
- Go to www.iassidd.org and select the button BECOME AN IASSIDD MEMBER. (You are not required to become an IASSIDD member to create a user profile, and will only have to follow the first few steps.)
- Click on CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Enter requested information (email, password, name, address, country)
- Click on REGISTER. You will see the message that your registration was successful. You may create a membership if you wish, but a membership is not required to submit an abstract.
- You have now created your user profile and can go to SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
If you forgot your password you can reset it by clicking on ‘Reset it’. Are you having trouble? Contact: email@example.com
Submissions for this conference were closed on 2018-02-14.