Halifax World Trade Convention Centre
July 9, 2012 – July 14, 2012
"A WORLD OF POTENTIAL"
The 2012 IASSID World Congress provides an opportunity to celebrate the strength and reach of our network and to share strategies in research, education, and services with one another. Join your colleagues in this conference and help shape the future for those with intellectual disabilities.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED: The last day to register ONLINE for this event is July 4, 2012. ONSITE registration will be available at the Congress in Halifax.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Delta Barrington and Delta Halifax have extended their room rate until June 15. Click on "Accommodation" (above) to book your room.
IASSID ACADEMY WORKSHOPS: Academy Workshop registration is held separately from the World Congress Registration. Follow this link to learn more about and register for the Workshops
About the World Congress
IASSID is partnering with AAIDD, the oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization of professionals and citizens concerned about intellectual and developmental disabilities and AUCD, a membership organization that supports and promotes a national network of university-based interdisciplinary programs. As well, RTC, the Research and Training Center on Community Living which provides support to those persons with developmental disabilities to live full, productive and integrated lives in their communities, will be joining its two partner organizations listed above. The Congress will also coincide with the State of the Science sessions held at the connecting Prince George hotel.
Jean Vanier is the Official Patron of the 14th IASSID World Congress.
The Kitchen Party will feature a variety of acts during the reception and lobster dinner followed by a high energy Atlantic Canada Ceilidh Show, making Halifax one of the most memorable Congresses. To order extra tickets, see below.
Some Important Links
- Registration Information: A listing of all registration types and fees. If you have trouble registering, please see these tips or contact email@example.com.
- Kitchen Party Tickets: Delegates who have registered for the full week can purchase additional Kitchen Party Tickets. Additional tickets must be purchased prior to Monday, July 9, 2012. For further details, please download order form at this link and send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program: The IASSID World Congress 2012 Presentation Schedules.
- Event Details: A quick, one-page description of the 2012 World Congress
- Information for Exhibitors: Information for exhibitors who would like to take part in the World Congress
- Plenary Speakers: A complete listing of plenary speakers and topics.
- Flight Discount offer through Air Canada: Information for a 10% flight discount through Air Canada for delegates attending the 2012 World Congress.
- Organizing Committee Contact Information: Email addresses for main contacts
- Our Sponsors: Please visit our sponsors' page.