IASSIDD is a professional organization devoted to promotion and exchange of research in intellectual and developmental disabilities. IASSIDD is a registered NGO with the World Health Organization and partners with that and other agencies on behalf of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Members and other interested parties gather every four years for a World Congress. The 2016 meetings will mark the 15th time IASSIDD has held a World Congress. Attendance varies with location; we anticipate 1500 attendees for the Melbourne meetings.
Each World Congress is comprised of daily plenary sessions at which prominent researchers from around the world speak for 30-45 minutes. The balance of the conference is a combination of paper and poster sessions, workshops, meetings of our Special Interest Research Groups, and social events. There will be a Gala Dinner somewhere in the middle of the World Congress schedule.
The planning vehicles for the World Congress at Melbourne include a Program Committee chaired by Dr. Davidson, which acts as a steering committee. In financial matters, the Program Committee is supported by the IASSIDD Treasurer, Associate Professor Keith McVilly. There is also a Local Organizing Committee, co- chaired by Associate Professor Davis and Professor Nankervis, which is responsible for planning and managing all on-site activities, such as social functions, volunteers, on-site preparations, signage, transportation, on-site registration, etc. Finally, there is a Scientific Advisory Committee, chaired by Professor Trevor Parmenter, PhD and co-chaired by Dr. Davidson, which will be responsible for all aspects of the scientific program.
2016 IASSIDD World CongressAugust 14, 2016 – August 19, 2016
IASSIDD 15th World Congress
August 14-19, 2016
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Thank you to everyone who submitted an abstract. We hope to get back to all authors by the end of March
See our Congress at a Glance
for a quick breakdown of how the congress will be set up. Information about Academy Workshops on the 19th, including registration information, will be available soon. Don't miss the Patron Opening Address and Welcome Reception on the 14th.
Follow @IASSIDD16 for conference updates and use #IASSIDD16 for Twitter and Instagram engagement
- Abstract Submissions: 1 September 2015 through 15 December 2015
- Registration and Accommodations Open: 1 February 2016
Highlights and Key Events
- Keynote Addresses
- Special Lectures
- Past Presidents’ Forum
- Paper and Poster Sessions
- Round Tables
- Exhibits and Video Theatre
- Pre-Congress Disability Support Workers' Conference - August 14
- Academy Workshops
- Social Program – Networking and Exchanges
Awards and Financial Support
- Now accepting nominations for IASSIDD Fellows
- Now accepting nominations for IASSIDD Awards
- Financial Aid Available to students and early-career researchers
Financial Support from Outside Groups
- Bursaries for early-career researchers studying mortality of people with IDD
- Travel award for researchers studying mortality of people with IDD
- Melbourne Welcomes You! (youtube)
- Things to do in Melbourne (pdf)
- Melbourne Tourist Information (pdf)
- Melbourne Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
2012 IASSID World CongressJuly 9, 2012 – July 14, 2012
"A WORLD OF POTENTIAL"
The 2012 IASSID World Congress provides an opportunity to celebrate the strength and reach of our network and to share strategies in research, education, and services with one another. Join your colleagues in this conference and help shape the future for those with intellectual disabilities.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED: The last day to register ONLINE for this event is July 4, 2012. ONSITE registration will be available at the Congress in Halifax.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Delta Barrington and Delta Halifax have extended their room rate until June 15. Click on "Accommodation" (above) to book your room.
IASSID ACADEMY WORKSHOPS: Academy Workshop registration is held separately from the World Congress Registration. Follow this link to learn more about and register for the Workshops
About the World Congress
IASSID is partnering with AAIDD, the oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization of professionals and citizens concerned about intellectual and developmental disabilities and AUCD, a membership organization that supports and promotes a national network of university-based interdisciplinary programs. As well, RTC, the Research and Training Center on Community Living which provides support to those persons with developmental disabilities to live full, productive and integrated lives in their communities, will be joining its two partner organizations listed above. The Congress will also coincide with the State of the Science sessions held at the connecting Prince George hotel.
Jean Vanier is the Official Patron of the 14th IASSID World Congress.
The Kitchen Party will feature a variety of acts during the reception and lobster dinner followed by a high energy Atlantic Canada Ceilidh Show, making Halifax one of the most memorable Congresses. To order extra tickets, see below.
Some Important Links
- Registration Information: A listing of all registration types and fees. If you have trouble registering, please see these tips or contact email@example.com.
- Kitchen Party Tickets: Delegates who have registered for the full week can purchase additional Kitchen Party Tickets. Additional tickets must be purchased prior to Monday, July 9, 2012. For further details, please download order form at this link and send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program: The IASSID World Congress 2012 Presentation Schedules.
- Event Details: A quick, one-page description of the 2012 World Congress
- Information for Exhibitors: Information for exhibitors who would like to take part in the World Congress
- Plenary Speakers: A complete listing of plenary speakers and topics.
- Flight Discount offer through Air Canada: Information for a 10% flight discount through Air Canada for delegates attending the 2012 World Congress.
- Organizing Committee Contact Information: Email addresses for main contacts
- Our Sponsors: Please visit our sponsors' page.
2015 IASSIDD Americas Regional CongressMay 21, 2015 – May 22, 2015
IASSIDD Americas Regional Congress
May 21-22, 2015
Part of the Pacific Rim International Week on Disability and Diversity
We invite you to join us and participate in one of the more extraordinary events taking place in 2015. International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IASSIDD) and PacRim have created an action-filled week of opportunities to share and disseminate information and knowledge, network with friends and colleagues from around the globe, and attend workshops and institutes.
The 2015 IASSIDD Americas Regional Congress, "Inclusive Boundaries" will be held Thursday, May 21 and Friday, May 22 at the Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.
These two days cap a week of opportunities, beginning Monday, May 18 with the Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity, and continuing on Wednesday, May 20 with workshops sponsored by the IASSIDD Academy and Pac Rim. We hope you can join us Wednesday evening for a joint reception & dinner at the Honolulu Zoo. Attendees can get a reduced rate for registering for both conferences, or you may register only for the IASSIDD Congress.
Our program is now available in .mobi, .epub and .pdf formats. Please follow this link to a dropbox from which the program can be downloaded.
8:30 – 9:30
- Online Registration: https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1639837
- Manual Registration
- IASSIDD only
- Diversity Week -including Pac Rim. For more information on the 2015 Pacific Rim International Disability and Diversity Week and the Pac Rim conference check out: http://pacrim.hawaii.edu/
- follow this link for a full listing and registration form for our exciting workshops.
IASSIDD would like to thank our sponsor, the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities for their generous support of this event.
Follow the Official Twitter Handle @IASSIDD16 and tweet with hashtag #IASSIDD16