Challenging Behaviour & Mental Health
The Special Interest Group on Challenging Behavior and Mental Health (SIRG/CBMH) was established at the 13th World Congress of IASSID at Cape Town, South Africa. It replaced the existing SIRG on mental health with the objective of expanding the scope of the original group and creating a forum for developing integrated research and practice.
The mission of the SIRG/CBMH is to:
- Provide a focus for the worldwide exchange and dissemination of research and practice, as well as networking, in the field of challenging behavior and mental health.
- Provide a vehicle for the promotion and development of integrated research and clinical activities that further understanding of the relationship between psychological and behavioral well being in people with intellectual disability.
- Specifically encourage the development of cross-national, multi-disciplinary collaboration in research and practice that integrates biological, sociological, behavioral and psychotherapeutic perspectives.
- Improve the quality of life and services for people with intellectual disabilities and additional behavioral or mental health needs, their carers, and their families. As such, the views and contributions of these groups will be fundamental in contributing to and shaping the activities of the SIRG.
- Provide a supportive organizational framework for promoting the work of its members via journals, conferences and scientific meetings associated with IASSID."
The Bylaws of the Challenging Behaviour and Mental Health SIRG can be viewed here: click here
Professor Peter Langdon. Chair. (England, UK). email@example.com
Jane McCarthy. Past Chair. (England, UK). firstname.lastname@example.org
George Woods, Co-Chair. (U.S.A.). email@example.com
Jennifer Clegg, Ph.D. Secretary. (England, UK). firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Susan Hayes. Treasurer. (Australia). email@example.com
Dr Mindy Scheithauer. Member. (U.S.A.). Mindy.Scheithauer@choa.org
Dr Maria Valdovinos. Member. (U.S.A.). Maria.Valdovinos@drake.edu
Karen Nankervis (Australia). Member. (Australia). firstname.lastname@example.org