Distinguished Service Awards - 2012
Distinguished Achievement Award – Research
- Awarded for significant contribution to the sciences related to intellectual disabilities. This may be through a major single contribution or a sustained and important contribution over time.
Distinguished Achievement Award – Scientific Literature
- Awarded for an outstanding publication published since the last World Congress (August, 2008), which contributes substantially to the literature in the field of intellectual disabilities.
Distinguished Achievement Award – Service
- Awarded for a significant contribution to the improvement of services to persons with an intellectual disability. The service contribution may be at a national or international level.
Distinguished Service Citation
- Awarded for outstanding or exemplary service to IASSID by a person who has served as an officer, councillor, member of a committee or otherwise actively participated in the affairs and activities of the Association.
WHO CAN MAKE A NOMINATION?
The following may make nominations for IASSID awards:
- Any current individual member of IASSID,
- The designated member of an organization with current Center membership in IASSID, or
- The director of an organization with a current Association membership in IASSID.
DOES THE NOMINEE HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF IASSID?
Nominees, other than those for the Distinguished Service Citation, do not have to be members of IASSID
WHAT HAPPENS WITH NOMINATION?
Members of the Awards and Recognition Committee will review the nominations and forward the names to the IASSID Executive.
- Nomination packages are due December 15, 2011
- Decisions will be made by the end of March, 2012
- Award recipients will be notified by early April, 2012
Nomination Form can be downloaded here.
Nominees for 2012