Welcome to the IASSIDD Families Special Interest Research Group page. The aim of the group is to promote the production and dissemination of high quality research that is relevant to the situation of families who support a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
To help achieve these aims we:
- guest edit special issues of scientific journals on research that is relevant to the situation of families who support a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities,
- organize symposia on family research at the World and Regional Congresses of IASSIDD,
- participate on the Council of IASSIDD to help ensure that the situation of families is addressed in IASSIDD activity,
- hold meetings and/or promote events for researchers involved in family research, primarily at conferences that typically attract family researchers
- have developed a 'position paper' that summarises current knowledge and propose an agenda for future research. This is available on our Documents and Publications page.
The bylaws of the Families SIRG will be available soon. Please check back.
SIRG Officers (until 2019)
Do contact Sandy, Robert or Shaquinta if you want to learn more about the activities of the SIRG