Documents - Fact Sheets - Practice Guidelines
From time to time, IASSIDD releases reports and documents of interest to members and other interested persons. The documents can be purchased or gratis copies can be downloaded. For purchase information of the books, see under title.
Asia Pacific Database Summary
A literature review conducted as part of a larger review of the research related to individuals with ID across the Asia Pacific region
THE EDINBURGH PRINCIPLES
This document was developed by the Edinburgh Working Group on Dementia Care Practices at a special meeting held in Edinburgh, Scotland (February 5-7, 2001). The meeting was organized by the University of Stirling (Scotland), the University at Albany (USA), and the University of Illinois at Chicago (USA). The document contains information about universally applicable working practices for the community supports of adults with intellectual disabilities affected by Alzheimer disease and related dementias. It is available for distribution with attribution to the IASSID. IASSID Council approved its distribution on September 27, 2001.
THE EDINBURGH PRINCIPLES
Aging and Intellectual Disabilities
This fact sheet describes some relevant issues in aging.
- Ethics Guidelines for International Multicenter Research Involving People with Intellectual Disabilities.
Arthur J. Dalton, Keith R. McVilly,
Source: Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities
Vol 1 Number 2 pp57-70 June 2004
- Practice Guidelines for the Assessment and Diagnosis of Mental Health Problems in Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
Deb, S., Matthews, T., Holt, G., & Bouras, N.
Source: Pavilion, The Ironsides, Cheapside, Brighton, England BN1 4GD
- Guidelines for Managing the Patient with a Developmental Disability in the Emergency Room
Bradley. E., Burke, L., Drummond, C., Korossy, M., Lunsky, Y., & Morris, S.
2002, pp 00
Source: on-line -- can be downloaded
- Practice Guidelines for the Clinical Assessment and Care Management of Alzheimer and other Dementias among Adults with Mental Retardation
Janicki, M.P., Heller, T., Seltzer, G. & Hogg, J.
1996, pp. 00
Source: on-line - can be downloaded in PDF
Also published as Janicki, M.P., Heller, T., Seltzer, G. & Hogg, J. Practice guidelines for the clinical assessment and care management of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias among adults with intellectual disability. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 1996, 40, 374-382.
- Standards of Care for People with Disabling Neurological Conditions Where Cognitive Decline is a Major Feature
Hardiman, O., & Craven, A.
Source: The Neurological Alliance of Ireland, Coleraine House, Coleraine Street, Dublin 7, Ireland