Academy – Partner Organizations
IASSIDD Partner Organizations share the philosophy of the Academy, and commit to hosting an Academy event — training, workshop, lecture — approximately once a year. The Academy provides leaders whose expertise matches the needs of the Partner Organization.
Disability Studies in The Netherlands
Disability Studies in The Netherlands (DSiN) strives to promote the research field of Disability Studies. To achieve this, research and education are stimulated, and a knowledge network of committed people is created. By developing, sharing and applying knowledge, DSiN wants to achieve social change and wants to contribute to a growing participation and inclusion of people with disabilities.
IASSIDD Contact: Dr. Alice P. Schippers, Executive Director
Email: [email protected]
Events to date: March 19-23, 2018: Ivan Brown, visiting professor (several lectures and consultations); November 30, 2017: 2 Academy workshops; March 24-April 7, 2015: 3-lecture series and visiting professor, Ivan Brown; November 18-December 2, 2014: 3-lecture series and visiting professor, Ivan Brown https://disabilitystudies.nl/colleges-visiting-pro… ; October 31-November 2, 2013: 2-workshop series.
ANFFAS – National Association of Families of People with Intellectual and/or Related Disabilities – Italy
ANFFAS is a volunteer, non-profit organization of more than 14,000 family members and friends of people with disabilities throughout Italy. It provides services and supports to more than 30,000 people with disabilities and their families. With headquarters in Rome, ANFFAS has 16 regional associations and 169 local associations. It is active in policy development, service development, research, education, and advocacy.
ANFFAS Email: [email protected]
IASSIDD Contact: Dr. Luigi Croce
Email: [email protected]
Events to date: September 8, 2015: keynote speech, X Convegno Nazionale sulla Qualità della vita per le disabilità, Milano.
Rainbow Centre Singapore, Singapore
Rainbow Centre Singapore is a non-profit organisation that serves infants, children and youths with a diverse range of moderate to severe intellectual and developmental disabilities through education and training. Founded in 1992, Rainbow Centre currently runs two Special Education Schools for students aged 7-18 years old and two Early Intervention Programme Centres for children 2 months to 6 years old. Rainbow Centre also trains special education teachers and caregivers, provides training and consultancy for others working with children with special needs through the Rainbow Centre Training & Consultancy (RCTC), and supports the well-being of families of children with special needs through the work of Rainbow Centre Family Life Services (RCFLS).
Website: http://www.rainbowcentre.org/Page.asp/ Email: [email protected]
IASSIDD Contact Person: Malcolm Wong [email protected]
Events to date: Quality of life workshop, August 2016; Social media and people with disabilities workshop, November 2016.
Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
The Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship at the University of British Columbia is Canada’s only university-based research centre with a dedicated focus on intellectual disability policy and practice. The Centre is a partnership between the UBC School of Social Work, community living organizations, and supporters seeking to further the inclusion and full citizenship of people with intellectual disabilities and their families locally, nationally and globally. The Centre seeks to contribute to this goal through learning, research and knowledge exchange.
IASSIDD Contact: Dr. Tim Stainton, Director [email protected]
website: www.cic.arts.ubc.ca http://www.cic.arts.ubc.ca/
Events to date: Quality of Life Through the Lifespan (2-day workshops) November 2015
Academy – Co-sponsors and Supporting Organisations
- Alexandria Hospital (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Alzheimer’s Disease International (London, UK)
- Andhra University (Visakhapatnam, India)
- Autism Association (Singapore)
- Centro Integral de Salud Mental CISAME (Mexico)
- Comunidad Crecer, IAP (Mexico)
- CONFE, AC (Mexico)
- Consejo Nacional de Salud Mental (Mexico)
- Consejo Nacional para las Personas Con Discapacidad (Mexico)
- Down Syndrome Association Singapore
- Hong Kong Social Services Council
- Finnish Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (Finland)
- Institusción Confe en Favor de Personas con Deficiencia Mental, IAP (Mexico)
- Junta de Asistencia Privada del Distrito Federal (Mexico)
- Lebenshilfe for the Mentally Handicapped (Visakhapatnam, India)
- Nanyang University – National Institute of Education (Singapore)
- Nippon Care-Fit Service Organization (Japan)
- Singapore National Council of Social Services (NCSS) – Social Services Training Institute
- Skill Development Centre Yayasan Sultan Idris Shah (Ipoh, Malaysia)
- Special Committee of Rehabilitation Research of Intellectual Disabilities (Beijing, China)
- St. Petersburg State University (Russian Federation)
- The Foundation for Social Contribution (Japan)
- Tosinvest Sanita, sPa (Rome, Italy)
- University “St. Kiril and Metodij (Skopje, Macedonia)
- Vereniging Gehandicaptenzorg Nederland