The SIRG-QoL includes two sub-groups: person-centered quality of life, and family-centered quality of life. The officers and members at large reflect these two groups well.
The mission of the SIRG-QoL is to further work that enhances the quality of life for individuals with disabilities and their families through research and its application.
The SIRG-QoL goals are to:
- hold an annual meeting to share information, and participate in other IASSIDD conferences and meetings
- participate in collaborative activities such as conferences and publications
- carry out collaborative projects and research
- disseminate research and its application within IASSIDD and to the wider community through text, journal articles, special issues, and allied means
- collaborate on ways to effect change at the societal level
The bylaws of the Quality of Life SIRG are contained within the IASSIDD bylaws at www.iassidd.org/content/bylaws
Documents and Publications
Bibliography: Quality of Life & Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
Sarah Adams and Preethy Samuel July 2015
Quality of Life SIRG Consensus Document 2000
Ivan Brown, Roy I. Brown, Robert A. Cummins, David Felce, Leena Matikka, Kenneth Keith, Trevor Parmenter, and Robert L. Schalock
International Family Quality of Life Survey online
Download Intellectual disability and non-disability (control group) versions, translations in 16 languages, manual, SPSS data file, and information about projects.
Beach Center Family Quality of Life Survey online
Roundtables and Annual General Meetings:
- 2018 Athens, Greece. July. Annual General Meeting
- 2017 Annual General Meeting – Bangkok, Thailand. November. Held in conjunction with IASSIDD Asia-Pacific Congress November 13-16.
- 2016 Zagreb, Croatia. October 20-21. Roundtable held in conjunction with CPP SIRG and Academy.
- 2016 Melbourne, Australia. August 15. Annual general meeting held in conjunction wiEvent IASSIDD World Congress..
- 2015 Tel Aviv, Israel. July 7.
- 2014 Vienna, Austria. July 14-17 in conjunction with IASSIDD Europe Region Congress.
- 2013 Amsterdam, The Netherlands. October 30 – November 2 (November 1-2 in conjunction with Disability Studies International Conference).
- 2012 Halifax, Canada. July 9-14 –
- 2011 Mexico City, Mexico. November 9-10.
- 2010 Rome, Italy. October 20-22.
- 2009 Singapore, Singapore.June 24-27.
- 2008 Cape Town, South Africa. August 25-31.
- 2007 San Diego, USA. December 6-9.
- 2006 Maastricht, The Netherlands. July 30-31.
- 2004 Montpellier, France. June 13-19.
- 2004 Sydney, Australia. October 20-24.
- 2002 Koriyama City, Japan. March 13-15.
- 2000 Seattle, USA. August 1-6.
- 1999 Rapid City, South Dakota. June 17-19.
- 1998 Larnaca, Cyprus. March 27-29.
- 1996 Helsinki, Finland. Founding Meeting.
Meaghan Edwards email@example.com
Keith McVilly firstname.lastname@example.org
Alice Schippers email@example.com
Dana Roth Danar@beitissie.org.il
Fiona Rillotta firstname.lastname@example.org
Nina Zuna email@example.com
Members at large
Preethy Samuel Preethy@wayne.edu
Luigi Croce firstname.lastname@example.org
Roy Brown email@example.com
Rhonda Faragher Rhonda.Faragher@acu.edu.au
Barry Isaacs firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Ajuwon email@example.com
Meaghan Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Gomez email@example.com
Val Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
Mian Wang email@example.com
Ram Prasad Dhungana firstname.lastname@example.org
Kazi Ayaz Mahessar email@example.com